Bandai Namco Entertainment and Bandai Namco Studios are announcing the first GYAAR Studio Indie Game Contest for indie game creators!
This contest will select (at most) 1 Platinum Award winner + 7 other prize winners from a pool of game entries, including those in-development, and award a total of up to 100 million JPY in support funding.
In addition to the prize funding, game developer Bandai Namco Studios will also offer direct development support, as well as a support program which includes access to the “GYAAR Studio Base” game development center within the Bandai Namco Studios office, publishing support, and IP (Intellectual property, such as characters and brands) co-creation support. Bandai Namco Group aims to make use of its strengths and years of acquired know-how to provide creators with a wide-range of full-fledged support!
About GYAAR Studio:
GYAAR Studio was founded in 2021 as an indie game label meant to help foster ace game creators for Bandai Namco Studios' major global titles by allowing young talent to directly and freely express their creative ideas.
This contest will be held to allow an even wider pool of creative talent, one not limited to company employees, to take a turn at bat and have the chance to receive proactive support for their creations. By allowing a variety of games to shine brighter than ever with the proper support, the hope is to further stimulate the video game market.
Winners will be awarded a total of up to 100 million JPY in support funding!
Up to 30 million JPY (2 years of funding)
At time of reward...10 million JPY
Additional 2.5 million JPY every three months after award (up to 8 times)...up to 20 million JPY
Up to 10 million JPY (2 years of funding)
At time of reward...2 million JPY
Additional 1 million JPY every three months after award (up to 8 times)...up to 8 million JPY
*An examination will be carried out for each support payment, and further support may be cancelled based on the results.
Winners will receive the following development support!
- Sharing of development know-how and technical insight
- Lending of development equipment and environment
- Topic-based talk sessions with Bandai Namco Studios' creators
- Marketing-focused support from Bandai Namco Entertainment
Additionally, we will provide the following support!
- Free access to the "GYAAR Studio Base" development center
- A development center called the GYAAR Studio Base will be established inside our Monzennakacho office. Winners will have free access and will be able to use this center as a base for their development. There will also be regular social gatherings and development classes held with Bandai Namco Studios’ creators.
*We will also have a GYAAR Studio Base Online for online communication.
- Publishing Support
- Bandai Namco Entertainment or Phoenixx will provide publishing support.
- IP Co-creation Support
- Bandai Namco Group will offer IP development support.